1920s-30s 78 rpm auction list- many talkie stars

Open, general discussion of music during the era of classic/nitrate movies
  • Author

puddin tane

1920s-30s 78 rpm auction list- many talkie stars

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 6:13 am

I am a collector of 16mm film and 78 rpm records of the 1920s and 1930s and am new to the group. I wanted to let any record collectors know of my auction list of 78s via my website www.jazz78s.com
My lists issued 3x a year have about 2000 items- all types of music of the period except classical. These include dance and jazz bands, pop vocals, instrumentals and unusual items including radio transcriptions, etc. Among these are many early talkie records, etc. On my current list which closes Jan 27 are the Charlie Chaplin Brunswick from the mid 1920s, plus records by early talkie personalities Zelma O' Neal, Nick Lucas, Mae West, Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, Maurice Chevalier, Dick Powell, Helen Kane and more. There's even a British pressing of a Vitaphone disk and way more. Please have a look at www.jazz78s.com or contact me directly at alan@jazz78s.com and I will email you a list.

vitaphone

Re: 1920s-30s 78 rpm auction list- many talkie stars

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

I can highly recommend Alan Cooperman's record auctions! Super stuff, accurately graded, and always a super mix of personality, dance and jazz. Plus rare transcriptions and paper too. Check it out!

Return to Music of the Era