What is the last film you watched? (2017)

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author

Dean Thompson

Re: What is the last film you watched? (2017)

PostTue Dec 19, 2017 5:06 pm

boblipton wrote:
Vus? You maybe never saw a Yankee before?

Bob

:lol:

boblipton

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 8:03 am

I think I couldn't have understood Rossellini's Blaise Pascal (1972) (if I do understand it) f I had not read Neal Stephenson's The System of the World trilogy, in which he made clear to me that Isaac Newton's scientific investigations were essentially religious -- looking upon the world as a work of G*d, and seeking to understand Him through His works. In this movie, Pscal's life is shown as the conflict between reason and observation -- and the understanding that that the finite mind of man cannot grasp as infinite universe, let alone a vaster G*d that could create everything.

Dry and fascinating.

Bob
Last edited by boblipton on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
If no one listens, then it’s just as well. At least I won’t get caught in any lies I tell.
— Joe Darion

R Michael Pyle

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 8:17 am

boblipton wrote:
R Michael Pyle wrote:
boblipton wrote:In the midst of the tsuris and tsimmis, we get to watch the story of.... Mark Wahlberg as Getty's fixer, as he comes to some understanding of what it all means, and Romain Duris, as one of the kidnappers, who never thought it was going to be anything like this much trouble.Bob

"What part of Ireland did your parents come from?"
Robert Emmett O'Connor, speaking to Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)

Bob

My entire childhood: Skowron at 1st, Bobby Richardson at 2nd, Gil McDougald at SS, Andy Carey at 3rd, Elston Howard at LF, Mickey Mantle at CF, Hank Bauer at RF, Yogi Berra catching, and Whitey Ford pitching. THOSE WERE YANKEES! And I was in the land that John C. Jackson built in 1859, just a 20 minute jaunt from Manhattan.

Jim Roots

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 10:07 am

R Michael Pyle wrote:
boblipton wrote:

Bob

My entire childhood: Skowron at 1st, Bobby Richardson at 2nd, Gil McDougald at SS, Andy Carey at 3rd, Elston Howard at LF, Mickey Mantle at CF, Hank Bauer at RF, Yogi Berra catching, and Whitey Ford pitching. THOSE WERE YANKEES! And I was in the land that John C. Jackson built in 1859, just a 20 minute jaunt from Manhattan.

What, you missed out on Joe Pepitone?

Jim

boblipton

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 7:01 am

Lupino Lane directs (as Henry W. George) and stars in The Deputy Drummer (1935). He's Adolphus Miggs, who's been writing his Rhapsody in Pink for three years. Through the usual assortment of pushing by leading lady Jean Denis (in her only screen appearance) and shenanigans, he's at a swank country party, mistaken for Lord Miggs, involved in a plot to steal a priceless necklace and indulge in his usual fine acrobatic pratfalls. I was particularly taken with the sand dance he does with his dog and one reel near the end, shot wild and slightly undercranked.

Alas, Lane's movie career wouldn't last must longer. The massive success of his next West End show, Me and My Girl, would keep him busy for the rest of his career. Good for him.

Bob
Last edited by boblipton on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
If no one listens, then it’s just as well. At least I won’t get caught in any lies I tell.
— Joe Darion

boblipton

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 7:08 pm

It's that Disney time of the month on TCM, and I have spent some time looking at The Sign of Zorro (1958), cobbled together from episodes. It's clearly TV material, never rising above B, yet here and there throughout the movie, I was four years old, and one valiant man could make a difference again and it was a good feeling.

The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952) is another matter. The 1938 version hangs heavy over all Robin Hoods and this looks like the Bowdlerized illustrated Child's Version (with bright, tipped-in pictures) that one might buy a nephew. No one could ever be Little John except for Alan Hale, but John Robertson Justice is oddly compelling, Everyone seems slightly miscast, except for Elton Hayes, who makes the best Alan-a-Dale I have ever seen. I can believe him as a wand'ring minstrel, a thing of shred and patches.

Everyone else seems to be playing dress up, though. Not anyone's fault except for Michael Curtiz.

Bob
— Joe Darion

drednm

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 6:47 am

Lady Godiva Rides Again (1951) is a peach of a British comedy/drama that stars newcomer Pauline Stroud as a working-class girl who accidentally wins a foolish beauty contest advertising soap. Part of the prize is a 3-month movie contract. Against the wishes of her family and boyfriend (George Cole) she pursues a movie career, but of course it's all meaningless. She's enrolled in a charm school, meets her acting idol (Dennis Price), and finally meets with a famous producer (Alastair Sim). It's all for naught. She eventually ends up in a burlesque show, playing Lady Godiva in a tableau. The film takes a sharp look at pageants, the movies, and specifically at the state of British movies in the post-war era. Stroud is quite good as the innocent (though it doesn't seem she had much of a career in film). Price is excellent as the preening movie star, and Sim is also excellent in a cameo as the producer. Lots of names in the cast. Stanley Holloway and Gladys Henson are the parents, Kay Kendall is the sister, Diana Dors is the too-wise beauty contestant, John McCallum is the pineapple king, Dora Bryan is the publicity woman, and Trevor Howard and Googie Withers make cameos. Among the beauty contestants are the likes of Joan Collins, Dana Wynter, Anne Heywood, and a little number named Ruth Ellis, more famous as the last woman hanged in England.

The film was re-released as Bikini Baby after Diana Dors became a star.
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------
https://wordpress.com/view/silentroomdo ... dpress.com

R Michael Pyle

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 8:02 am

Well, I finally did it! I watched a Deanna Durbin film all the way through. It's the first one I've ever seen all the way through of hers. I know, she was the favorite actress of Winston Churchill. She saved Universal Pictures from going under at the end of the thirties. She was this. She did that. Still, the only other attempt at her was years ago, and I found her gooey, so gooey it was sticky in my brain. Anyway, last night I watched "Lady on a Train" (1945), though I must admit I watched it because of the rest of the fabulous cast. Besides Durbin, there's Ralph Bellamy, Edward Everett Horton, Allen Jenkins, David Bruce, George Coulouris, Dan Duryea, Patricia Morison, Elizabeth Patterson, William Frawley, Samuel S. Hinds, and about 20 other character actors and actresses anyone who loves old films will know at least by face, if not by name. Durbin witnesses a murder from a train window. The train slowly passes what looks like a brownstone flat somewhere in the big city where a man pulls down a shade, and in a silhouette with shadow (extremely noir) bludgeons another man to death with what appears to be a crowbar-like object. Now she has to convince - someone! - she actually saw it, and then find the murderer and - of course - who the murdered man was. Nobody believes her. Does this sound familiar??? Miss Marple?! A dozen other stories and films? Nonetheless, it works half-way well. Only half-way. The film is strewn with goo, too. It's not so sticky it makes you turn off the film, but the molasses sometimes slows the film down too much. The final ten minutes or so are OK, and the murderer isn't necessarily who you think it is - or is it? - but it's OK, it's now over, and one can go on to better films. There. I've watched a Deanna Durbin film. It didn't hurt, and it didn't stick too much. A little soap and water and I can start all over again with a grainy silent. Oh, I almost forgot: Deanna married (for a third and final time) her director of this film, a Frenchman named Charles David (that's Sharl Da-veed, no accents, please).

boblipton

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 am

R Michael Pyle wrote:Well, I finally did it! I watched a Deanna Durbin film all the way through. It's the first one I've ever seen all the way through of hers. I know, she was the favorite actress of Winston Churchill. She saved Universal Pictures from going under at the end of the thirties. She was this. She did that. Still, the only other attempt at her was years ago, and I found her gooey, so gooey it was sticky in my brain. Anyway, last night I watched "Lady on a Train" (1945), though I must admit I watched it because of the rest of the fabulous cast. Besides Durbin, there's Ralph Bellamy, Edward Everett Horton, Allen Jenkins, David Bruce, George Coulouris, Dan Duryea, Patricia Morison, Elizabeth Patterson, William Frawley, Samuel S. Hinds, and about 20 other character actors and actresses anyone who loves old films will know at least by face, if not by name. Durbin witnesses a murder from a train window. The train slowly passes what looks like a brownstone flat somewhere in the big city where a man pulls down a shade, and in a silhouette with shadow (extremely noir) bludgeons another man to death with what appears to be a crowbar-like object. Now she has to convince - someone! - she actually saw it, and then find the murderer and - of course - who the murdered man was. Nobody believes her. Does this sound familiar??? Miss Marple?! A dozen other stories and films? Nonetheless, it works half-way well. Only half-way. The film is strewn with goo, too. It's not so sticky it makes you turn off the film, but the molasses sometimes slows the film down too much. The final ten minutes or so are OK, and the murderer isn't necessarily who you think it is - or is it? - but it's OK, it's now over, and one can go on to better films. There. I've watched a Deanna Durbin film. It didn't hurt, and it didn't stick too much. A little soap and water and I can start all over again with a grainy silent. Oh, I almost forgot: Deanna married (for a third and final time) her director of this film, a Frenchman named Charles David (that's Sharl Da-veed, no accents, please).

Sounds like it's based on Metropolitan or Lady in Distress. I've reviewed the latter in this thread.

Bob
— Joe Darion

R Michael Pyle

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 11:38 am

Very much like "Lady in Distress" (originally known as "A Window in London"). Don't know the other. "Murder She Said" (1961) with Margaret Rutherford was far, far better.

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 12:34 pm

Still, the only other attempt at her was years ago, and I found her gooey, so gooey it was sticky in my brain

It Started With Eve, starring the unmatchable combo of Deanna Durbin, Charles Laughton and Bob Cummings, is one of the most charming comedies of the 1940s.
“I'm in favor of plagiarism. If we are to create a new Renaissance, the government should encourage plagiarism. When convinced that someone is a true plagiarist, we should immediately award them the Legion of Honor.” —Jean Renoir

boblipton

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Well, RIngling Brothers has closed down, so kids can't run away and join the circus, like Toby Tyler (1960). I suppose as a practical matter I couldn't when I was a kid, although I enjoyed books like Elephant for Rent. At any rate, it seemed possible, especially with bright Technicolor juvenalia like this. Kevin Corcoran is mildly annoying as the star, but the supporting adult cast as varieties of scoundrels, are engaging.

Bob
— Joe Darion

drednm

PostSun Dec 24, 2017 8:46 pm

boblipton wrote:Well, RIngling Brothers has closed down, so kids can't run away and join the circus, like Toby Tyler (1960). I suppose as a practical matter I couldn't when I was a kid, although I enjoyed books like Elephant for Rent. At any rate, it seemed possible, especially with bright Technicolor juvenalia like this. Kevin Corcoran is mildly annoying as the star, but the supporting adult cast as varieties of scoundrels, are engaging.

Bob

Hi Bob. Never seen the film, but I remember reading the book in the 50s.
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------

boblipton

PostMon Dec 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Turned on the 'pooter this morning, finally ready to write some comments on Downsizing (2017), yesterday's movie with my cousin. Given that we've overused our resources, do you try to save the world, try to save yourself, or try to save what you can? Those are the three obvious choices offered, along with the "Do nothing, and hope you die first" route. My cousin thought the movie was preachy. I thought it was very Nebraskan.... at least from my Right-Coast view-point, as Matt Damon gives up his job as an occupational therapist for Omaha Beef to "downsize" to about 4/1000s of his former mass. The advantages to the ecology are obvious, the advantages to his economy are a larger part of the story, but his wife Kristen Wiig has a meltdown and doesn't follow him, with the result he's bankrupted. He winds up meeting amiable asshole Christoph Waltz ("Hey, without assholes, we'd all be full of shit!") and obnoxious saint Hong Chau. Profane, disapproving, happy, despairing, and hopeful, it kept me amused through the end.

Today's movie with my cousin was the anticipated Phantom Thread (2017), Daniel Day-Lewis' latest collaboration with Paul Thomas Anderson. A couple of months ago, Mike Gebert was saying "I'm not saying you should see mother! but you're a yahoo if you don't"; when I saw it, I found it a self-indulgent artistic polemic against self-indulgent artistic polemics. This movie is a lampoon of those 1930s and 1940s movies in which someone suffers endlessly for some selfish artistic a**hole, dying of Dread Movie Disease in the 7th reel and looking more beautiful than ever, while the artist conducts his symphony or receives the applause at the premiere of his play; the protagonist is unnoticed save for the Vitaphone Orchestra and Hall Johnson choir.

Then, just as it is getting a little too long and self-indulgent, the movie switches gears. And does it again. All in that beautiful Technicolor lighting you got in Great Britain on prints that were a bit too dark.... thanks to uncredited cinematographer Paul Thomas Anderson.

There's no reason this should be to your taste; large sections of it, about Vicky Krieps suffering because she loves Day-Lewis so much, and he, despite his occasional heterosexual activity (about like Donald Westlake's Parker) cares for nothing but making beautiful dresses and the memory of his dead mother, were not to mine. Still, by the end, when it's all creepy, I was left wondering whether this might actually be a comedy. It's certainly a commentary on obsessive artists, and a lot more subtly and artistically rendered than Aronofsky managed. For my taste, anyway.

Bob
— Joe Darion

R Michael Pyle

PostMon Dec 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Watched something I've never seen, "The Lady in Question" (1940), with Brian Aherne, Rita Hayworth, Glenn Ford (in his 6th film), Irene Rich, Evelyn Keyes, and others. This is the definition of comedy/drama. Rita is on trial for murder. Aherne is on the jury. All of this takes place in France. She's acquitted; goes to work in the bicycle shop Aherne and Rich own. There is a persistent little runt of a juror who was with Aherne in the jury box who comes back and back (both in a comical and a very serious way) with doubts about Hayworth's guilt or innocence. Meanwhile, son Ford is falling in love with Hayworth. Is she falling in love with him? Or - is she in love with a Hungarian who showed up at the trial? There's also the plot of Evelyn Keyes, daughter of Aherne and Rich, and her fiancé, Edward Norris. There's not much else, but the director, Charles Vidor, leisurely takes us through the picture not letting us know if she was really guilty or not - until the end! Which is how it should be. Too, this takes place at Christmas, so it's a sort of Christmas story, besides. Certainly leisurely, but pretty good little show, too. A cast of pros doing what should probably have remained on the stage, if it was ever there in the first place. Nice to see Irene Rich actually having a decent amount to do in a talkie; she was a fine silent actress. This is Aherne's show, though, not even Hayworth's, and he's good - if not leisurely.

R Michael Pyle

PostMon Dec 25, 2017 3:25 pm

I went to the theater today and saw "Darkest Hour" (2017). Not only movie-making at its height, but values that actually reach there, too. Gary Oldham as Winston Churchill is stupendous! Kristin Scott-Thomas is equally wonderful as Clemmie, Churchill's wife. Throw in Ronald Pickup as Neville Chamberlain, Lily James as Churchill's secretary, Stephen Dillane as Lord Halifax, and Ben Mendelsohn as King George VI, along with so many more fine performers, and you have film perfection. The film begins one day before Churchill took over as Prime Minister of England, 9 May 1940, and continues until the beginning of the evacuation of Dunkirk, 27 May 1940 (and which went on until 4 June 1940). This is not only one of the best films I've seen in a theater in several years, it is the greatest, in my opinion, since "Les Miserables" (2012). Filmed entirely in Britain; the photography is truly remarkable also, with a dim lighting that captures a mood that will capture any viewer, too. This is one bright hour for film production!

drednm

PostMon Dec 25, 2017 4:02 pm

I made the mistake of watching One Christmas (1994), based on a story by Truman Capote and featuring his characters of Buddy and Sook. While A Christmas Memory, which featured Geraldine Page as the "simple" cousin, remains a wistful, sad, sweet story, this other Capote story has a grim and nasty tone. Buddy is sent from rural Alabama to New Orleans to "visit" his long-absent father (Henry Winkler) who turns out to be a conniving and brutish gigolo! Merry Christmas! He spends his days sucking money from middle-aged women and bilking people in betting schemes. I guess he's supposed to be Scroogesque but he's just plain nasty. Swoosie Kurtz plays a desperate old maid who goes against her lion aunt's wishes and gives Winkler a ton of money for a rigged airplane race he's bet the ranch on. The aunt is played by Katharine Hepburn in one of her last appearances. The redeeming feature of this is supposedly the miracle of snow in New Orelans. Oh, please! Julie Harris appears briefly as Sook. Winkler's performance was downright embarrassingly bad.
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------

earlytalkiebuffRob

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 6:18 am

Fourteen years before THE LOST WEEKEND 'tackled'* the problem of alcoholism, we had D W Griffith's THE STRUGGLE, and the lesser-known TEN NIGHTS IN A BARROOM. This one has William Farnum as a miller with a sick daughter who is keen to seek help from a new doctor staying at the local hostelry. He is then sidetracked by saloonkeeper Tom Sanschi who inveigles him into having 'just the one'...

Things go from bad to worse as the poor fellow neglects his work and family, losing trade, as well as being lured into gambling whilst drunk and ending up by selling his mill to Sanschi for a pittance. After many more crises (during which the daughter turns up several times at the saloon) he is told to scram, accompanied by a flying beer glass which injures the girl and leads to a no-holds-barred scrap (SPOILER) and inferno.

Not sure (with the title) if any parody was intended, but this is a fairly rough-and-ready movie with some very unpleasant detail (Thomas Jefferson, who died the following year, plays a seedy 'barfly', a character which Farnum becomes), and as a melodramatic treatment of a serious theme is at least quite watchable.

*I don't mean this to be a slight on Wilder's film, just that the fact that major studios were taken seriously when treating such themes overlooks that done by shoestring / 'Poverty Row' companies...

R Michael Pyle

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 7:48 am

"The Whole Town's Talking" (1935) with Edward G. Robinson, Edward G. Robinson, Jean Arthur, Etienne Girardot, Paul Harvey, Wallace Ford, Arthur Hohl, Edward Brophy, Donald Meek, and more. This was my third time for this. Love it! John Ford directed, and beautifully. Only non-Fordian thing about this one - to me - was the photography. Just a tad barren and not as creatively presented. Almost exclusively creature driven, this. Good for a Christmas evening when the temperature outside was getting near 0. Oh, Robinson plays two parts - or was that his doppelgänger?

drednm

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 8:13 am

Ye gods! The original 1960 Ocean's Eleven is a terrible film, directed by Lewis Milestone in his penultimate feature film. At 127 minutes this drags like crazy with the entire first hour setting up the heist and filled with lots of "background." most of which goes nowhere and in any case needn't have been that log in telling. I remember seeing this as a kid at a drive-in and the only memorable thing to me then were the bright Las Vegas marquees and seeing Red Skelton in his 2-minute cameo. Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin do their usual stuff, Sammy Davis gets to sing the title song, but he sings it as "E-O Eleven" and never says "Ocean's Eleven." No idea what that is about (I might have dozed off). Shirley MacLaine does a funny cameo. Peter Lawford (who supposedly brought the story idea to the studio's attention) has a decent part that forms the crux of the plot with his ritzy mama (Ilka Chase) about to marry a hood (Cesar Romero). The rest is pretty much dross. Joey Bishop, George Raft, Patrice Wymore, Angie Dickinson, Richard Conte, co-star. We supposedly catch a background glimpse of Louis Prima and Keely Smith singing, but it sure doesn't sound like them. I never spotted Pinky Lee as a casino employee. I did spot Marjorie Bennett in her bit. Acting high point of the film was watching Hoot Gibson as a roadblock cop in his scene with Davis. The marquees boasted performers like Donald O'Connor, Buddy Hackett, and Patrice Munsel (?) as Vegas stars. My last gripe about the film, shot in color, is that almost every non-casino interior was designed in gray. The actors wore tons of gray. Was that intentional, to make the Vegas scenes pop? Dreary beyond belief. Ain't that a kick in the head?
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------

oldposterho

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 am

Ten Nights in a Barroom had a long history as a stage melodrama prior to its many filmings so the story was probably very well known to contemporary audiences. These early temperance dramas are historically interesting given our dabbling with prohibition around that time, but they're pretty rough going to sit through.

I've never been able to make it through the original Ocean's Eleven, and oh how I've tried. I agree it's quite possibly the dullest film I've never finished since The Man With the Golden Arm. Great insert poster though for fans of the Rat Pack.

BGM

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 10:31 am

Mike Gebert wrote:
Still, the only other attempt at her was years ago, and I found her gooey, so gooey it was sticky in my brain

It Started With Eve, starring the unmatchable combo of Deanna Durbin, Charles Laughton and Bob Cummings, is one of the most charming comedies of the 1940s.

Yes IMO a lot of her films have a charm- I think you either get Deanna Durbin or you don't. To me there is always a "I don't give a s**t attitude that her "persona" has that to me is not dated-she comes across as very natural onscreen. As for Lady On A Train the story was written by Leslie Chartertis known for the character "The Saint". Durbin comes off as very sexy in this film especially in her musical numbers-unusual noir staging of Cole Porter's song NIght and Day with shadows that look like she is caught in a net and singing Silent Night filmed like a pinup in a black satin bathrobe laying on a bed! probably the most unique staging of this Christmas carol on film. It Started with Eve is great and It's A Date with Kay Francis and Walter Pidgeon is great as well with many saucy precode situations/dialogue that are surprising for a 1940 film.

Daniel Eagan

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 10:47 am

boblipton wrote:Turned on the 'pooter this morning, finally ready to write some comments on Downsizing (2017), yesterday's movie with my cousin.

Pretty sizable spoiler alert there re: Wiig.

What did you think of Hong Chau? Some critics have been very disapproving of her pidgin English.

I think she deserves as Oscar nom.

boblipton

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 11:00 am

Daniel Eagan wrote:
boblipton wrote:Turned on the 'pooter this morning, finally ready to write some comments on Downsizing (2017), yesterday's movie with my cousin.

What did you think of Hong Chau? Some critics have been very disapproving of her pidgin English.

I think she deserves as Oscar nom.

I think that my grandfather used to tell me “I spik sivin lengwitches, Robitl, but Anglitsch the bast!” That was about sixty years after coming to this country. My grandmother, by all reports, never achieved that fluidity, and that despite speaking a reasonably closely related language — Yiddish.

I suppose they should have gotten Donald Binks as her voice coach.

Bob
— Joe Darion

Mike Gebert

Site Admin

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 11:56 am

It's in the most recent trailer.
“I'm in favor of plagiarism. If we are to create a new Renaissance, the government should encourage plagiarism. When convinced that someone is a true plagiarist, we should immediately award them the Legion of Honor.” —Jean Renoir

Daniel Eagan

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Mike Gebert wrote:

It's in the most recent trailer.

Yes, a trailer Payne did not oversee.

But heck, the entire plot's on wiki.

boblipton

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 12:22 pm

I try to not reveal any spoilers. Sometimes people think something is a spoiler when I think it is not. In this case, I think it's still the set-up. Sorry if you disagree.

As for the alleged spoiler being in the latest trailer... well, I've seen cases where the entire movie is in the trailer.

Bob
— Joe Darion

drednm

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 12:30 pm

boblipton wrote:I try to not reveal any spoilers. Sometimes people think something is a spoiler when I think it is not. In this case, I think it's still the set-up. Sorry if you disagree.

As for the alleged spoiler being in the latest trailer... well, I've seen cases where the entire movie is in the trailer.

Bob

Trailers often contain all the good stuff and the rest of the film is just filler.
Ed Lorusso
Writer/Historian
-------------

Daniel Eagan

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 12:32 pm

boblipton wrote:I try to not reveal any spoilers. Sometimes people think something is a spoiler when I think it is not. In this case, I think it's still the set-up. Sorry if you disagree.

Bob

It's okay. Evidently no one's going to see it anyway.

R Michael Pyle

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 12:56 pm

drednm wrote: Trailers often contain all the good stuff and the rest of the film is just filler.

That's 98% of American films!
PreviousNext

Return to Talking About Talkies