The Official Talkies online deals thread

Open, general discussion of classic sound-era films, personalities and history.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

s.w.a.c.

  • Posts: 1744
  • Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
  • Location: The Land of Evangeline

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 11:57 am

That Hope set is tempting (it's $17 on Amazon.ca, still not a bad price), although annoyingly there's a newer Hope set from Universal that has 21 features, including a few I have never seen (Variety Girl, Louisiana Purchase) that aren't on the 10-film set. Only problem is, it's $66 (still not bad at just over $3 per film, and only $42 at Amazon US).
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!
Offline
User avatar

s.w.a.c.

  • Posts: 1744
  • Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
  • Location: The Land of Evangeline

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!
Offline
User avatar

s.w.a.c.

  • Posts: 1744
  • Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
  • Location: The Land of Evangeline

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 11:38 am

VCI Home Entertainment is having a $10 blu-ray sale, this includes their recent releases of One Million B.C. and Topper.

Weirdly, neither of those titles are listed on the main page for the blu-ray sale (which does include the Alistair Sim A Christmas Carol, The Brave One, Dark Star, City of the Dead (a.k.a. Horror Hotel), Gorgo, White Zombie, the U.K. comedy Genevieve, some Dirk Bogarde titles and more), but if you search for them individually, they should come up for the $10 price.

Also, from what I've read from Glenn "DVD Savant" Erickson, VCI is now shipping the corrected master version of One Million B.C.
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!
Offline
User avatar

Rick Lanham

  • Posts: 1883
  • Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm
  • Location: Gainesville, FL

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Too Late for Tears blu-ray & DVD
$18.49, pretty low price

https://www.amazon.com/Late-Tears-Newly ... cker+alley" target="_blank

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Late-Tears- ... B01AXGCW9W" target="_blank

Rick
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.
Offline
User avatar

Rick Lanham

  • Posts: 1883
  • Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm
  • Location: Gainesville, FL

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostThu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Eureka and Masters of Cinema sale:
Boxing Day Sale - 15% off when you spend over £40!
Free shipping worldwide

https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/news/comi ... pend-over-£40

Rick
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.
Offline
User avatar

s.w.a.c.

  • Posts: 1744
  • Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
  • Location: The Land of Evangeline

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 9:44 am

Rick Lanham wrote:Eureka and Masters of Cinema sale:
Boxing Day Sale - 15% off when you spend over £40!
Free shipping worldwide

Great news, I was just about to buy two of their titles from Amazon UK. You just saved me a small bundle!
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!
Offline
User avatar

Rick Lanham

  • Posts: 1883
  • Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm
  • Location: Gainesville, FL

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostThu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 am

If you or a friend/relative are into Spielberg movies check out:

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection: (8 disc)
Duel/The Sugarland Express/Jaws/1941/E.T./Always/Jurassic Park/The Lost World: Jurassic Park

$23.49 for blu-ray, 77% off

https://www.amazon.com/Spielberg-Direct ... collection" target="_blank

Rick
“The past is never dead. It's not even past” - Faulkner.
Offline
User avatar

s.w.a.c.

  • Posts: 1744
  • Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
  • Location: The Land of Evangeline

Re: The Official Talkies online deals thread

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 am

Rick Lanham wrote:If you or a friend/relative are into Spielberg movies check out:

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection: (8 disc)
Duel/The Sugarland Express/Jaws/1941/E.T./Always/Jurassic Park/The Lost World: Jurassic Park

$23.49 for blu-ray, 77% off

https://www.amazon.com/Spielberg-Direct ... collection" target="_blank" target="_blank

It's $32.21 on Amazon.ca, which isn't a bad deal with the exchange. That's about as much as I paid for blu-rays of Duel and Sugarland Express on their own.
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!
Previous

Return to Talking About Talkies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests