Who are you? (Formal introductions)

Comments related to the operation of NitrateVille.
  • Author

Albert71292

Re: Who are you? (Formal introductions)

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Feel free to shoot me! I'm Albert, live in West Monroe,Louisiana in the northeastern part of the state, been coming here reading, without registering for at least three years, finally registered a few weeks ago. Long time old movie and TV fan. Figured it was about time I spoke up! :-)

First stumbled across silent films when I was around 12 years old in the mid 1970's, local PBS station aired them late Saturday nights. The two earliest I recall was "Sparrows" and "Nosferatu". At that age, I remember Nosferatu creeping the mess out of me!

Today, my DVD and Blu-ray collection has mostly 4:3 ratio black and white content(movies & television), watched on my 16:9 HDTV and surround system... go figure!

Bought some expensive VHS tapes back in the 1980's of old films from a company called "Video Yesteryear", out of Sandy Hook, Conn. Anyone remember them? Kinda wished they survived into the DVD/Blu-ray age, they released quality products! Also bought a lot of vinyl LPs of old radio shows from their other division, Radiola Records.

Danny Burk

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Welcome to all of the new members! Consider yourselves invited to participate in conversations of interest. To others who are reading but haven't actually joined us, please consider yourselves invited as well...don't be a stranger.

Christopher Jacobs

PostFri Apr 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Danny Burk wrote:Welcome to all of the new members! Consider yourselves invited to participate in conversations of interest. To others who are reading but haven't actually joined us, please consider yourselves invited as well...don't be a stranger.

Ditto! And nice to see a number of younger new members! (Where were all those teenage girl classic film buffs when I was getting into movies as an 8th-grader and 9th-grader?) Don't be afraid to join in the discussions with us aging types born way back in the 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, and earlier!

Donald Binks

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 10:15 pm

I have only just come across this thread, so, pardon moi for my lateness in scribbling this introduction.

I am an old git hurtling towards the cemetery gates with a passion for old pictures, old gramophone records, cinema organs and old movie palaces. Well at my age everything that I grew up with is old in any case.

I can just remember the heyday of cinema presentation before television started here in Australia in 1956 and took away a lot of the wonderful picture theatres in its wake. Luckily in Melbourne we still have the three main picture palaces with us. Those were the days when there was the resemblance of an orchestra (down to a 5 or 7 piece combo with a vocalist) on the rising orchestra platform - but the mighty Wurlitzer was still on the programme together with the newsreels, shorts, a "B" feature and the main attraction.

Because my father still worked on a Saturday morning - he would take me into town and dump me at one of the palaces to see a morning performance. If I had been particularly good I would have a milkshake and a caramel waffle at "Hillier's", the chocolatiers next door to the Regent - my favourite picture palace.

Mostly though I attended one of my local cinemas for the "Saturday arvo matinee". It cost 1/6 to sit in the back stalls and 3d for a bag of sherbet with a licorice straw or 6d for a "dixie" ice-cream. (Ice-cream in a cardboard cup eaten with a wooden spoon).

It was at these Saturday matinees in between the sporadic new releases, I came to appreciate the likes of George Formby, Will Hay, Roy Rogers, Laurel & Hardy, The Marx Bros., Hopalong Cassidy and other delights of films made long before I was born.

Also still existing in those days were the Newsreel cinemas - given over to featuring a continuous "Hour Show". This is where I first encountered silent pictures - those of Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton.

When television started - it became a showcase for old pictures and still was up to the late 1990's. Silent pictures were never played and there was only one exception when "Son of the Shiek" turned up on a commercial network in 1968. However there were some excellent documentaries over the years and I remember "Silents Please" back in the '60's together with the travesty that was "Fracktured Flickers".

Also in the 1960's I bought a Super 8 cine camera and immediately was of the opinion that I was of the ilk of Cecil B. deMille. I mean, how hard can it be to make a picture? A room full of unwound film all over the walls and floor soon had me come to the realisation that putting a film together was not that easy a proposition. In 1970, after slowly becoming more proficient with some of the techniques of making pictures (but not all, I hasten to add), I ventured into my first and only silent feature film. This epic featured a number of my friends who came along for a lark and in whom I had to instil some of the basics of "acting". It was all good fun making it, but putting it all together took a lot of time, worry and effort. Still, with the titles, editing and music I thought I hadn't done too bad a job. I sometimes look at it again once every five years or so and it brings a smile to my face.

Not getting a call from MGM, I pursued my day job and with some of my hard-earned wages I started buying home 8mm versions of classic films from "Blackhawk" and other distributors. These were all silent of course and I spent a great deal of time, effort and more money buying gramophone records in order to add a musical accompaniment. Sometimes I played the films with myself providing a live piano accompaniment. Luckily that is now so long ago it will be out of most of the audience's minds.

In the 1970's I joined a Theatre Organ Society and with an audience of 1,500 in a packed cinema I saw Gaylord Carter accompany "The Mark of Zorro" with Douglas Fairbanks. This was the first time I had seen a silent picture in a big cinema with live accompaniment. It was from that moment on that I wanted to know all there was to know about silent pictures and their presentation. I spent many weeks at the public library going through old newspapers and learning about the pictures and their exhibition in Australia. I also joined a film society which widened my ability to see more silents and classics of the early talking screen.

Of course back in my salad days, old pictures were not the flavour of the month and my liking of silent pictures was just laughed at. These opinions started to change slightly when in 1982 "Napoleon" screened in Australia accompanied by a fifty piece orchestra. This was followed up in the next few years with a season of silent pictures accompanied by a large orchestra conducted by Carl Davis using his own scores. These pictures included "The Crowd" and "Ben Hur".

(Making the jump to today - who would ever have thought that we would be able to possess our own copy of a film? First we had them on tape, now they are on DVD's and Blue Rays and we can watch them whenever we like without having to leg it across town on a cold winter's night to some decrepit flea house in order to see a special screening. More and more we are seeing silent pictures come out of their closets to be shown in beautiful old picture theatres either to be played to by piano, organ or orchestra. And who on earth would ever have imagined that a silent picture would be made in the 21st Century and win the Academy Award.)

But I digress. Over the years I have gained knowledge of not only the pictures and their accompaniment - but the intricate and elaborate showmanship that also accompanied their screening - which I sometimes wish could also be part and parcel of today's revivals.

I have given up going to picture theatres these days. I am deafened by the noise, can't stand the smell of that awful popcorn, don't like people chattering all the time and can't stand the sloppiness in presentation. These days I watch pictures in my own cinema which I had constructed a few years back. I have over 2,000 films now and they will probably see me out. Apart from trying to wade through these, I have a project whereby I might get around to re-recording my collection of 78's on to CD's. I have a software programme that will "fix up" the sound - but not being a sound engineer or very intellectual it is taking me some time to understand all the ins and outs of it.

I have friends in Europe and the United States with whom I correspond on a regular basis about our similar interest and I have so far enjoyed adding my "two bob's worth" in threads on Nitrate Ville.

I am sorry to have waffled on with all my usual outflow - but I look forward to learning more as I keep perusing this board and I hope to make some more friends.
Silents Please!
Regards from
Donald Binks

kaw143

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 9:05 pm

Introducing myself, since the "Read This" suggested that I should do so, and because I actually read "read this" posts. Unfortunately, I'm not really very good at talking about myself.

I ran across a reference to this site while researching the new Phantom of the Opera blu-ray on Amazon. Before that, it never occurred to me that a forum dedicated to classic and silent films might exist.

Hello, and hoping to get to know you.

jburr4

PostSat Apr 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Hey guys,

My name is John and I'm a grad student at USC film school. I'm wrapping up my first course on silent film, and I loved it. We screened a lot of the typical well known stuff (Melies, Chaplin, Keaton, etc.) but also ventured into some little known international films. I also just completed a shoot of a silent film done as a project for the class. It's an attempt to imitate Melies' style by creating a sequel to "The Black Imp." I was hoping to post it on here to get some feedback from those who know the style of the era.

Looking forward to being part of the group!

Best,

John

Brooksie

PostSun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 am

I'd be interested to know how many other members got into silent film via academia. I discovered it via a film class I took while doing my undergraduate degree and haven't looked back ever since.

(Also welcome, we seem to be getting a lot of new members lately, which is great!)

Asgardian

PostSun Jun 24, 2012 12:12 pm

G'day.

My name is Chris, I'm 53 years old & live in South Australia.

I have only just come across this site while doing a regular net check for the old movies that I do not have yet in my collection.

Happy to be here as this seems like a nice site to talk about one of my serious hobbies, collecting old movies. I'm also an Aussie Rules footy fanatic, I sometimes collect comics & old LP's.

Cheers

martinola

PostTue Jun 26, 2012 10:38 am

Hello!
I'm Martin Kauper. I've been looking at this board for some time and finally have taken the plunge in registering. I've worked in Post Production from 1987-2008, and am currently working in a completely different field. I've been interested in early film since the mid 1960s. I look forward to making your acquaintance!
-Martin

mwalls

PostWed Jun 27, 2012 5:54 am

Hello,

I have been lurking on this site for several months now and thought it time to formally introduce myself. My name is Matthew. I am 39. I do not work in the film business, but am just a fan of classic talkies and recently have become an avid fan of silents. I have been adding movies to the queue in Netflix as I read through the "top" lists on this site, and plan to move into DVR so I can get more out of TCM. I also collect 16mm, Super 8mm and regular 8. When I am not watching movies I enjoy the NHL and NFL, and most of all spending time with my family. I am getting my 7 year old son into classic movies.

This website is quite amazing for the collection of knowledgable people it has brought together. Looking forward to continued reading, and maybe even asking the occasional question.

Gloria Rampage

PostSun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 am

Hello. After lurking and reading posts here for the past
year or two I finally decided to register. Not much of
a conversationalist, but if I have a question or comment
I'll definatly do so.

My main interest is comedy but enjoy watching other types
of silent movies.

Monsieur X

PostWed Jul 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi all! My name is Daniel, and I am an avid film fan and amateur silent film scholar. My particular frame of interest and knowledge is serials (both silent and sound) and silent films in general. I've been a lurker for some time now, but finally decided to break down and get an account. I hope this will be another great place to discuss film - since the advent of Facebook (ack!), good forums seem to be declining rapidly, and I've had quite a time finding a board that suits my particular interests. This one seems excellent.
Nothing is ever truly lost.

Roscoe

PostWed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 am

Hi. I'm Roscoe, and new to this site. I'm a lifelong film lover. I graduated from the film program at Brooklyn College, for what that's worth. Silent cinema has long been a particular passion, and I'm glad to have been able to attend the San Francisco Silent Film Festival for the past four years, with an extra trip to see the astonishing NAPOLEON this past March.

Glad to be here. Looking forward to spirited discussion and exchange of news!
"If you lose this war, don't blame me."

www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com

tH0Rx

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 am

Hello everyone,

I don't have a big story to tell besides that I love film. I hope I'm welcomed and I'll try to participate as much as I can.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @tH0Rx

David Alp

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi everyone. I am David Alp. I dont really need to introduce myself because I am fairly well known from the old days when we were all on the "Harold Lloyd Chat Site" and were eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD's of his movies... It kept being put off time and time again LOL! And everyone was moaning and complaining etc... And then I joined Jills Golden Silents and other boards.. I've never seen this one though but it looks EXCEPTIONALLY good!!!! So I thought I would join in... Hiya Jack Theakston! I remember you very well from the old days.. God it must have been about 2002?? Blimey, how time flies...

rudyfan

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 pm

David of The Alps wrote:Hi everyone. I am David Alp. I dont really need to introduce myself because I am fairly well known from the old days when we were all on the "Harold Lloyd Chat Site" and were eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD's of his movies... It kept being put off time and time again LOL! And everyone was moaning and complaining etc... And then I joined Jills Golden Silents and other boards.. I've never seen this one though but it looks EXCEPTIONALLY good!!!! So I thought I would join in... Hiya Jack Theakston! I remember you very well from the old days.. God it must have been about 2002?? Blimey, how time flies...

Welcome to the party!

Little Caesar

PostMon Oct 15, 2012 3:27 am

David of The Alps wrote:Hi everyone. I am David Alp. I dont really need to introduce myself because I am fairly well known from the old days when we were all on the "Harold Lloyd Chat Site" and were eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD's of his movies... It kept being put off time and time again LOL! And everyone was moaning and complaining etc... And then I joined Jills Golden Silents and other boards.. I've never seen this one though but it looks EXCEPTIONALLY good!!!! So I thought I would join in... Hiya Jack Theakston! I remember you very well from the old days.. God it must have been about 2002?? Blimey, how time flies...

I remember you from the old days at the Harold Lloyd forum. I never posted, but I lurked there quite a bit. It used to be a good site until those teenagers started running amuck there. I visited the site just the other day for old times' sake, and it is nothing more than an internet ghost town now. I also used to lurk at the Golden Silents forum until it was closed off to non-members. I tried joining once, but I was rejected. :shock: According to my rejection notice, my ISP was the same as some trouble maker that was banned. Given how rural the place I live at is, I would be surprised if there were another silent film fan around here - at least I've never encountered another one (and I'm not shy in talking about my silent film interests either). Anyway, if I ever do meet this other fan (even though I'm inclined to view such a person like the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot), I'll be sure to ask him what he was doing on that other forum! :lol: Welcome to Nitrateville.
Never cry over spilt milk, because it may have been poisoned. - W.C. Fields

mason2042

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Just discovered this site, thanks to one of my former students. One of his current goals is to locate the film "The Good For Nothing", with an appearance by members of the Original Dixieland Jazz Band. The student recommended NitrateVille as a site to find more info on the film, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here!
I teach (amonmg other courses) "History of American Popular Music to 1963", and thus have a special interest in film musicals. But my DVD collection includes many b&w B-movies - Westerns, mysteries, vintage horror films, sci-fi, comedies - plus a few silent films in several categories, etc. Music is my field, so when it comes to films, I'm much more a fan than an expert. My main reason for being here is to learn from people who ARE more expert in cinematic history than I am. So I will doubtless lurk more often than I contribute. Even so, I plan to visit the site regularly.

Paul Penna

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm

mason2042 wrote:Just discovered this site, thanks to one of my former students. One of his current goals is to locate the film "The Good For Nothing", with an appearance by members of the Original Dixieland Jazz Band. The student recommended NitrateVille as a site to find more info on the film, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here!

Mason, try starting a thread in the Talking About Silents forum here. Good luck!

silentfilm

PostWed Oct 17, 2012 9:30 pm

There's already a short thread from 2009 about The Good For Nothing film.
http://www.nitrateville.com/viewtopic.php?t=4956

L.A.

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

I registered nearly six months ago but hope it's not too late to introduce myself.

My name is Lasse and I'm from Helsinki, Finland. I used to work at the Finnish Film Archive (nowadays National Audiovisual Archive) for a few years and ever since then I've collected classic films on DVD and Blu-ray.

I like to learn new regarding the history of cinema and hopefully this forum will be helpful if I have something to ask. :)

Cheers,
Lasse

folgore

PostSun Dec 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi, I'm Sal from Ohio though currently in Germany with the military. As a kid growing up in the 70s, I remember seeing plenty of Keystone Cops shorts and the movie "When Comedy Was King" which was a tribute to the early silent comedies (if I remember correctly). In college, I attended a History of the Motion Picture class and was intrigued by the silent era and all the innovations that paved the way for modern films. We watched both "The Great Train Robbery" from 1903 and "Birth of a Nation" in class. Later, as a grad student, I took a European Cultural History Course and wrote a paper on Expressionism and the German Silent Cinema during the Weimar Republic, watching the four German expressionist classics: "Dr Caligari", "Nosferatu", "Metropolis", and "Dr Mabuse the Gambler". Thereafter, I kept an eye out for silent flicks on PBS and in the library. With the increasing release of the silents on DVD and Blu Ray, I've also begun collecting as well recently.

I've noticed that some of the introductions here included mention of old records. I have a small collection of 78s -- not focused on anything in particular though. My initial purchase some years ago (the 1980s) was of a bunch of records78s that were donated to my old university library and they decided to sell them rather than archive them. I ended up walking off with the bulk of them. My most recent purchase was an "album" of Al Jolson songs; not from his initial hey day in the 20s, but his re-recording of his old songs for his comeback in "The Jolson Story" movie from the 1960s. My prized position as far as all that goes, though, is this ancient wind-up phonograph which plays 78s. The original owner (a man in his 80s back in the 80s) told me that this is what people would take with them to the beach to play records while relaxing. I recognize the symbol on it of what would become the RCA Victor company, but instead was Victrola Talking Machine company on my player -- a likely product of the 20s.

I look forward to sharing my interest in silent films with those on this board!

LAMP

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Greetings all,
My name is ed Poole. My wife (Sue) and I are film accessory researchers. We have been on a quest for the past 20 years to preserve as much film history information as possible (and have become a little fanatical :D . Our primary area is film posters, but we have branched out to try to include as many associated areas as possible. We’ve been dubbed as ‘track-a-holics’.
We have several websites online and have written 13 reference books on various areas of the industry. The one that might be of interest here might be our Movie Still Identification book. There are 32,000 codes in the book and we’ve compiled another 6,000 toward the new book coming around summer. So, if anyone needs codes, I’ll be glad to let you know what we have on file.
Our primary focus at the moment is on Louisiana Film History. We personally collect Louisiana material (for 35 years) and are putting on the first state exhibit at Nicholls State University from February through June.
Another pet project of ours is documenting silent posters. I hope we can be a benefit to the site and look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge here.
ed

ed Poole
owner
http://www.LearnAboutMoviePosters.com
http://www.MoviePosterDataBase.com
http://www.GlobalCinemaResearch.org
http://www.HollywoodOnTheBayou.com
504-298-LAMP

wigwam

PostThu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 am

Howdy folks! My name is Barry and I'm getting back into silents this year.

My favorites before this year were Way Down East, Bed and Sofa, and Sherlock Jr, all of which I was lucky enough to see projected while I was in film school 10+ years ago.

Watch my signature for my most recent viewings+reactions. I'll also include what pre-codes I come across (my fave pre-codes are Design for Living, Night Nurse and Horse Feathers)

This is such an amazing site and I can't wait to find more films to watch and discuss with everyone here!
1/20/2013 | Vier um die Frau | Fritz Lang | LOVED
1/20/2013 | Das wandernde Bild | Fritz Lang | INDIFFERENT
1/20/2013 | Harakiri | Fritz Lang | LIKED
1/19/2013 | Anna Boleyn | Ernst Lubitsch | INDIFFERENT
1/19/2013 | Asphalt | Joe May | LIKED

Godzilla-2000

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Greetings to all,

I came across this forum via internet search engines, and decided to join.

I'm a vivid collector of science-fiction, horror and fantasy films from all over the
world, foremost from Asian countries and with a special focus on vintage films.

I also have a deep fascination for old, silent, and "lost" films.

I'm especially interested in the film heritage and preservation (or lack thereof) of
Asian countries (cinema of Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia,
the Philippines, India, Pakistan, Iran, Turkey etc.), but actually cinema and cinema history
of each and every country is of interest to me.

I maintain a movie collection on various home cinema formats (DVD, Blu-Ray, Laserdisc,
VHS, Video-CD, Betamax tapes). Sadly I'm not (yet) among the collectors of original film,
mainly because of the lack of the neccessary means and availability of the films I'd be
interested in.

Hope I'll be able to contribute something here and there, or to gather specific informations when
needed. I don't know about international participation in this forum, but of course it would be
great to exchange informations/views/opinions with experts of vintage films from Japan, Hong Kong,
or any South East Asian country about their lost and surviving old films. I'm based in Switzerland.
Pardon eventual spelling mistakes in my writing — English isn't my mother tongue.

Best regards,
Godzilla-2000

luciano

PostSat Mar 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Now that I'm a member, I think I shall join the ritual!

My name is Luciano Quijano (derived from Quixote) and I am from Fresno, CA. I've been watching, cranking, and collecting silent films since I was 5 years old. It started out after I had discovered (after rummaging around in my grandparents room :lol: ) my families old 8mm movies. After I got out the projector and showed it to them in the living room, I was hooked for good. About a two years ago at the age of 12, I met the great Joe Rinaudo (projectionist extraordinaire) at the Hanford Fox Theater. He decided to let me crank the showing(on a 1905 35mm projector) of the General, and from there on I have started work on the restoraton of my own 35mm antique projector. Someday I will carry out my own shows, and thanks to Joe I will be able to get prints of many wondeful silent films I would never have had access to before. I am also in the process of filming a silent picture (nothing small, but a good two reeler), and will eventually try to get Martin Scorsese's help for a silent feature.

I never thought my dream would get me this far! Thank you Nitrateville, great website!

Travsd

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi, I'm Trav S.D. (Travis Stewart), a writer and performer based out of New York City. I wrote "No Applause, Just Throw Money: The Book That made Vaudeville Famous" and the more recent "Chain of Fools: Silent Comedy & Its Legacies from Nickelodeons to Youtube", and the blog Travalanche (travsd.wordpress.com). I've never participated in a discussion board before but look forward to being schooled. For those interested in learning about my new book, the info is at this link:

http://www.bearmanormedia.com/index.php ... Q.facebook

Wm. Charles Morrow

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Travsd wrote:Hi, I'm Trav S.D. (Travis Stewart), a writer and performer based out of New York City. I wrote "No Applause, Just Throw Money: The Book That made Vaudeville Famous" and the more recent "Chain of Fools: Silent Comedy & Its Legacies from Nickelodeons to Youtube", and the blog Travalanche (travsd.wordpress.com). I've never participated in a discussion board before but look forward to being schooled. For those interested in learning about my new book, the info is at this link:

http://www.bearmanormedia.com/index.php ... Q.facebook" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Welcome, Mr. Stewart! I greatly enjoyed your book on vaudeville, and am sure the new one will be a delight as well.
-- Charlie Morrow

Felicia

PostMon May 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi,
I'm Felicia Jensen.
I'm a writer. I've been interested on movies since I was six years old - when I watched Miracle on 34th Street. For me, that's a great opportunity to learn, enjoy and sharing information about movies. I love about all eras of film, as Donna said. :mrgreen:
[color=#0000FF]Felicia[/color]

JLNeibaur

PostTue May 21, 2013 11:49 am

James L. (call me Jim) Neibaur. I have been asked to join this site for years, and finally did so just recently. I was pleasantly surprised to discover some of my work has been the topic of conversation every so often.

I am currently writing my 15th book, The James Cagney Films of the 1930s. My 14th, The Elvis Movies, will be out in the Spring of 2014. My 13th book, on the Charley Chase talkies, was released by Scarecrow Press in September. My 12th book is Buster Keaton's Silent Shorts (co-written with Terri Niemi, a twentysomething who became interested in silent comedy while working as my associate on previous books). I've written for most of the film magazines (most recently for Cineaste), but now I am completing two books per year (Scarecrow releases them as quickly) and doing articles and reviews at examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/user-james-l-neibaur).

I have been a special education teacher for nearly 30 years, dealing with students with behavioral issues, and have decided to retire in the summer of 2014. I have always used cinema in the classroom, showing 16mm prints of old comedies at the end of each class session. As my students are among the most challenging, having been kicked out of other schools for serious infractions, and often in trouble with the law as well, this escapism is something of a social skill activity. They respond very well to all of the great comedians, from Chaplin to the 3 Stooges, and never balk at things like "black and white" or "no sound" in the manner we often stereotype younger people. I also put comedy films from YouTube on my Facebook page each day, which are shared in a friend's second grade class at another school (friend me up at Facebook and see). Always good to turn younger people on to cinema's rich history.

I have plans to do books on Andy Clyde's Columbia shorts, the John Garfield films, and the Clint Eastwood westerns. I admit I am a bit more Film Comment than Classic Images at this point, being more fascinated by the deeper aesthetic concepts of cinema, but that doesn't mean I stopped being a fan who enjoys the movies.

Thanks!!
Jim
Last edited by JLNeibaur on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Site Chat