Film Posters

Talk about the work of collecting, restoring and preserving our film heritage here.
  • Author

oldposterho

Re: Film Posters

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 8:59 am

That's a non-standard size (a 'traditional' vintage one sheet is 27x41") so you'll likely need a custom frame. I can highly recommend Hollywood Poster Frames (https://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/). They'll get you a frame for a fraction of what you'd pay at a chain frame store and are good poster people to boot.

Jim Reid

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 10:40 am

I can't find it now, but I bought a really nice poster frame from Amazon. The four sides open and close and it does a very nice job on both 27x40 and 27x41. Perfect frame for those who change out the posters frequently.

Wish I could find it to leave a link.

wingate

PostThu Dec 14, 2017 5:55 am

I have about two dozen from the Anglo EMI days of the late sixties.I also have about 500 stills,some of which would appear to have been printed in or after ww2,during austerity.They would appear to have been printed on the back of old wallpaper..Colour stills for Lady in the Dark being printed this way

Scar Face

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am

oldposterho wrote:That's a non-standard size (a 'traditional' vintage one sheet is 27x41") so you'll likely need a custom frame. I can highly recommend Hollywood Poster Frames (https://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/). They'll get you a frame for a fraction of what you'd pay at a chain frame store and are good poster people to boot.

Thanks I'll give them a try! I's unfortunate to pay more for the frame than i did for the poster!

Scar Face

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 10:47 am

Jim Reid wrote:I can't find it now, but I bought a really nice poster frame from Amazon. The four sides open and close and it does a very nice job on both 27x40 and 27x41. Perfect frame for those who change out the posters frequently.

Wish I could find it to leave a link.

Jim that would be perfect. let me know if you can find it

Marr&Colton

PostMon Jan 15, 2018 5:19 am

I would look at the big box discount or hobby stores---you can usually find a decent one-sheet frame for around $20.

One sheets are usually 27 x 41 so bring a tape measure with you to make sure the frame is exactly the right size.

Over the years I've gotten really high end frames at yard sales, but they are strange sizes like 27" x 39 1/2" resulting in having to fold the very top of the poster to frame it---something you DON'T want to do with a valuable poster, since as posters age, they can become brittle and crack and crumble if folded.
Previous

Return to Collecting and Preservation