The Scanning and Restoration of PICTURELAND Logbook.

Post news stories and home video release announcements here.
eidoloscope

Re: The Scanning and Restoration of PICTURELAND Logbook.

Unread post by eidoloscope » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:40 am

Of course, it's always possible that Ince may be part of some larger group, as an extra to fill out a scene. I'm most interested to see if that is the case. However, the actor you show in the frame enlargement, wearing the black-banded hat, is not Ince, but King Baggot, with David Miles, hat in hand, on the right. Compare both of them to the company group photo, most recently posted by oldposterho in August, and I think you'll see that they are matches. As for the music score you have created for the film, I'm almost as eager to hear that as I am to see the film itself!

Silencebound

Unread post by Silencebound » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:21 pm

It's nearly finished !! Tiresomely restoring almost all the 14,633 frames to almost 100% perfect image picture ever seen, but otherwise there's several unrestored littlest spot marks somewhere in the frame as it doesn't look any difference from previous frames in order, so I'd better leave it unless if absolutely necessary. I strongly presumed that the completion of "Pictureland" will be released to public at YouTube before at the end of October as originally planned. Yep, I've fully restored 22 scene cuts ( intertitles included ) and nine more cuts to go, totally 31 scene cuts of "Pictureland". Yes, of course, I've uploaded the best informational Opening and Ending clip with piano music supplied, but sorry to say, it's locked as it is still not finished restoration with just 9 more cuts to go. Maybe I'll kill the restoring task time to skip few frames to see if there's still no difference anyway. Well, my wife oftenly dragged me out from my office chair to do the routine shopping with her . . . Oh, shuck ! :( Psst !! The 22 scene cuts already uploaded to YouTube, and demonstrated the running film seemingly to be quite amazing and superb !! Believe it or not ! :D
By the way, few days before the releasing the completed No. 23 L35NFF with 'Pictureland', I will do my readiness to lodge my request to Nitratevillers to do the funding to let me to get $7,500 to buy the Retroscan 8mm/16mm and 35mm scanner which that would be of great help to speed-up the old Nitrate leafover films as some of it is probably lost . . . :?
Please click this URL https://www.facebook.com/Silencebound1/" target="_blank and become a new member to get instant informations and resourced topics.

Silencebound

Unread post by Silencebound » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:37 pm

NEARLY FINISHED !! But just not really yet, my bad . . . Still, very bloody tiresome on restoration task with few scene cuts remaining to be done as I've removed strange black/white liner spot marks in the middle of the frame. Okay, my application to purchuse the RetroScan Universal scanner is successfully accepted by Kickstarter. So please give me the money thru Kickstarter to raise the requirement cost to purchuse it. Please click URL :- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/44 ... al-scanner" target="_blank" target="_blank
There's lots of information about me and my damnin' old Epson scanner for Retroscan there. The RUS have 8mm and 16mm gates but not yet for 35mm but, yes, there's coming a new 35mm gate which will be created by Roger Evans of Moviestuff. Please kindly remember that I have gave you all my great '# xx - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !' YT programs to view it for free, no question asked ! But please do it for me in return or otherwise it would be same suffering regime like "Pictureland", which took me many months to finish it. Once if I got Retroscan unit, then firstly discovered a lost 35mm fragment TO uploading the scanned film to YouTube WITHIN a week, not a hideous month ! Oh, please . . . :(
Please click this URL https://www.facebook.com/Silencebound1/" target="_blank and become a new member to get instant informations and resourced topics.

Silencebound

Unread post by Silencebound » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:55 pm

100% FINALLY FINISHED PROJECT and fully uploaded at YouTube !! Now, I am checking the finished version and will be released here at 'Collecting and Preservation' column, and click '# 23 - Lost 35mm Nitrate Film FOUND !'. Currently checking it as only about an hour or so, so please kindly be patient. :)

Michael Arlt

Unread post by Michael Arlt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:33 pm

The picture looks excellent, you did a phenomenal job on it. Restoring it was a labor of love.

Tastypotpie

Unread post by Tastypotpie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:53 pm

I saw it...and all I can say is....they sure did like sticking that IMP logo in weird places!

marcoscott

Unread post by marcoscott » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:03 pm

What does file scanning is meant for in asset Navigator?

All Darc

Unread post by All Darc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 am

May I give a suggestion?

While a professional scanner to 35mm it's too expansive, I have a alternative, but it's frame by frame.

What about use a high quality digital camera with great dynamic range, exposure adjust, and a macro lens, and shout frame by frame over a lighting table ?

The baddy damaged hand colored 35mm print from A Trip to The Moon (1902) was restored this way.
Keep thinking...