Chicago, IL; American Revolution 2 (1969)

Announcements of upcoming theatrical sound film exhibitions.
Ken Viewer

Chicago, IL; American Revolution 2 (1969)

Unread post by Ken Viewer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 pm

This is from an announcement by the Chicago Film Archives: what is being referred to as "The Chicago premiere" of American Revolution 2, which, though filmed in 16 MM, is going to be projected from the 35 MM archival print at the Gene Siskel Film Center on the evening of October 26. Admission is $11 with a discount for Siskel Center members.

Apparently the film was shown in 1969 on WABC-TV in New York City according to the IMDB, and in Chicago that year. It was shot in black-and-white and running time is variously listed at between 76 and 89 minutes. They have a site with subdivisions on Youtube and an extraordinarily-diverse hoard of films, most of which were not theatrically distributed, AFAIK, but are a fine regional archive to deal with, as a few of my friends were steady purchasers of DVDs from them for years, sometimes with a share of the money from me.

Ken

Lamar

Re: Chicago, IL; American Revolution 2 (1969)

Unread post by Lamar » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:31 pm

IMDb has the wrong information on the 1969 Chicago showing of this movie. It had a weeks run at the Three Penny Cinema in Chicago from May 23rd to the 29th on a double feature with "The Inheritance," a documentary about the labor movement in the U.S. Got a rave review from the Tribune on the 25th which was reprinted in the June 1, 1969 issue. The film had a second run at the Aardvark from October 22nd to November 1st 1969. It didn't play the Chicago Film Festival.
Attachments
amer rev.JPG
amer rev.JPG (38.67 KiB) Viewed 44 times

Ken Viewer

Re: Chicago, IL; American Revolution 2 (1969)

Unread post by Ken Viewer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Lamar, thanks for the details.

I was one of probably tens-of-thousands of fans who would contribute information to the Internet Movie Database back when it was a movies-fans coop web site. Since its purchase, I feel no urge to correct or upgrade their information.

Ken