WANTED: Buster Keaton "Haunted House"

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
chadrehmann

WANTED: Buster Keaton "Haunted House"

Unread post by chadrehmann » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Currently looking to purchase a copy of Buster Keaton's "Haunted House". I assume it to be on 16mm; however, been unable to locate a copy for purchase despite spending a lot of time on eBay, etc. If anyone has a lead as to where I can purchase a good working copy, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hamilton's Grandson

Re: WANTED: Buster Keaton "Haunted House"

Unread post by Hamilton's Grandson » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Kino Lorber Buster Keaton Silent Film Collection, has a color tinted 20 minute version of The Haunted House short comedy on it.

Kino Video has the Battling Butler/Frozen North/Haunted House which has the 18 minute comedy on that dvd.

Buster Keaton at his best. Not sure where you would find the 16 mm reel to reel, but good luck with your search.

BTW: I did some research on this title last year to see if my grandfather was truly the tallest ghost in the film, but did not reach any conclusions as a reference to him in the comedy in an article on newspapers.com and imdb had him listed so who knows if that was him with all that make up on. I have a version of the comedy in a screen play that Hamilton typed on old style (fly paper) typing paper which ended being a play that he performed in the early 30's in the Olympia WA area with his acting guild Western Dramatic Productions.
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Joseph Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Gertrude Brooke Hamilton is on imdb.com

chadrehmann

Unread post by chadrehmann » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:17 pm

Thanks! Yes, I've seen the Kino's - would really love to get the film stock, though. I've heard many copies are out there - was hoping eBay would have the solution as I just purchased The Goat, another classic of his, in 16mm...but, have not been lucky...

Hamilton's Grandson

Unread post by Hamilton's Grandson » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:48 pm

The Goat is also very good.

I have purchased some 35 and 16 mm films from ebay recently and am amazed how in a few purchases not all of the material is as stated in the descriptions with a few missing parts of a reel and of course scratches and vinegar syndrome issues.
Mark Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Joseph Hamilton (I) is on imdb.com
Gertrude Brooke Hamilton is on imdb.com