The Emigrants books

Got something? Want something? Trading in vintage film-related items.
Jim Roots

The Emigrants books

Unread post by Jim Roots » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Watching The Emigrants and The New Land upon their initial release (1971, 1972) inspired me to rush out and buy the four-volume novel by Vilhelm Moberg. Well, actually, the books didn't become widely available until 1978, but I scarfed them up the moment they hit the bookstores.

I'm clearing out some of my bookshelves and these are up for sale. I thought I would offer them first to NitrateVillains who, like me 40 years ago, have been inspired by the films to seek out the books.

They are: The Emigrants, Unto A Good Land, The Settlers, and Last Letter Home. They are Fawcett Popular Library editions. All are in splendid condition with the following caveats: (1) the spine of Unto A Good Land has discoloured over the years; (2) the spine of The Emigrants was poorly glued, so that the bulk of the pages came loose in a single chunk which I have gingerly repaired with book glue; (3) all four books are nattily autographed by yours truly at the top of the blurb page. Wait a minute, that increases their value, doesn't it?

If you're interested, PM me with an offer. Keep in mind that I'm in Canada and shipping prices elsewhere for a set of four books will set you back a bit.

Thanks.

Jim