Ford Falcon (1967) BETTER VERSION

Open, general discussion of old-time radio and early television
radiotelefonia

Ford Falcon (1967) BETTER VERSION

Unread post by radiotelefonia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:11 am

A gentleman who runs a Ford Argentina site in Facebook is sharing commercials that JWT preserved, although there are several that they don't have and I contributed three that they don't have along with tons of newspaper ads that they never had but that they actually need.

One of the commercials that JWT preserved, however, is this one from 1967 that I originally had it in a watermarked and not complete version as in this case. The Falcon was Ford's most important model in Argentina and in this ad there are several differences between the model as being sold in the United States and Australia: it was never redesigned (which was an issue of conflict). The other thing is that although this was the first compact car manufactured in the United States, in Argentina it was always considered as a big car and this commercial states this fact for the first time.

The ending music comes from US ads. And this production features a nostalgic factor because the amusement park shown, which I knew, have vanished more than 20 years ago.