Happy 112th Birthday Grace Jones

Open, general discussion of silent films, personalities and history.
Aaron1927

Happy 112th Birthday Grace Jones

Unread post by Aaron1927 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Born in 1906 Grace Jones is celebrating her 112th birthday today. She is also the oldest person alive in Britain and was 21 years old when 'The Jazz Singer' hit cinemas in 1927. Grace made lady's hats and liked to dress in style. She married a Chief Engineer in 1933 and enjoys a glass of whiskey every night. In a recent interview she said "The best memory of my life was when I married my husband Leonard. He was a true gentleman, the son of a parson. We were always together and we loved one another. I still feel the same as I did when I was 60. I feel fine. I feel full of spirit. I have received lots of nice cards and presents this year and they are still coming in."

Happy Birthday Grace. You saw the best years of cinema history.

Jim Roots

Re: Happy 112th Birthday Grace Jones

Unread post by Jim Roots » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:44 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one who did a double-take at the subject line. Pop star Grace Jones isn't quite that old yet.

Jim

s.w.a.c.

Re: Happy 112th Birthday Grace Jones

Unread post by s.w.a.c. » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:51 am

Jim Roots wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:44 am
I'm sure I'm not the only one who did a double-take at the subject line. Pop star Grace Jones isn't quite that old yet.
I was wondering if when she played an undead bloodsucker in Vamp, maybe she wasn't acting.

Congrats to the UK Grace Jones! I wonder if she saw many films that are lost now?
Twinkletoes wrote:Oh, ya big blister!